Code of Conduct for Student
1. GENERAL DISCIPLINE
• Students must wear I.D card in the campus.
• Students littering (throwing any kind of items such as waste paper, fruit peels, tea cups, plates etc.) are not permitted inside the campus.
• Any form of ragging is a serious offence anywhere inside or outside the campus or in the college bus and the same is punishable as per the University and Ministry of Human Resources Development’s guidelines/rules.
• Ragging is a crime. Student should not indulge in any form of ragging.
• No student shall be discriminated on the basis of religion, caste & sex etc.
• Students must maintain punctuality while attending all the theory and practical classes.
2. Dress Code
• Should wear only formals with shirts tucked in.
• Only formal shoes are allowed.
• Lab coats and prescribed shoes are to be worn during laboratory classes.
• Should wear only formals
• Shorts, tight tops, torn Jeans are not allowed.
• Ornaments like anklets, glass bangles, etc. which will cause distraction will not be allowed.
• Lab coats and shoes are to be worn during laboratory classes.
• Canteen is meant for limited purpose of dining and should not be used for academic or recreational activities.
• Students should be polite and courteous to the canteen staff.
• Canteen timings should be strictly adhered.
Code of Ethics to check plagiarism
Plagiarism is defined as presenting another person’s work as one’s own work. Plagiarism involves copying of phrases, clauses, sentences, paragraphs or longer extracts from published or unpublished work(including from the internet) that exceeds the boundaries of the legitimate cooperation without acknowledgement of the source . Plagiarism could be intentional (Dishonest plagiarism)or non-intentional plagiarism (Negligent plagiarism)
Dishonest plagiarism means knowingly and deliberately presenting another person’s work as one’s own work without acknowledging the source. It involves intentional copying of substantial proportions of the other’s work without written or unwritten permission and also without acknowledging the source.
Negligent plagiarism means innocently or carelessly presenting another person’s work as one’s own without acknowledging the source. It arises from one’s inadequate knowledge and competency in writing. It is also due to careless attitude resulting in to noncompliance of standard verification procedures. In this type of plagiarism, the degree of copying is not substantial.
Institute has established code of ethics to check plagiarism in publications & research
Procedure for checking plagiarism and approval
A committee will be formed by institute. This committee will set the allowable level and percentage of plagiarism. The publications and other work will go through following procedure
Procedure for approval
1. Preparation of article/Paper/proposal/report by applicant
2. Submission to respective head/guide/expert
3. Review and Plagiarism check using software provided by institute
4. Recommendation by respective head/guide/expert
Procedure for handling alleged plagiarism
Committee will submit the review report and the recommendation on disciplinary action to be imposed. As the detection of plagiarism and steps to prevent it are important, equally important is to educate students about the dangers of plagiarism to strengthen their moral so that they do not take support of unfair means.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCESS TO CHECK PLAGIARISM
To keep check and avoid plagiarism in post graduate and under graduate project reports.
• Check by Project Guide
• Review by Project Coordinator
• Approval by Head of the Department
• Check the Project report for plagiarism with the help of appropriate software by student.
• If degree of plagiarism exceeds the allowed threshold then he/she should amend the report.
• Degree of plagiarism to be checked and generate the plagiarism report.
• Student to submit the project to his/her guide.
• Guide should again check the project for degree of plagiarism with the help of appropriate software.
• Guide should suggest amendments if necessary.
• Student should submit the project along with the plagiarism report to the project co-ordinator.
• Project co-ordinator reviews the comments and amendments made by the guide and student respectively.
• If necessary project coordinator should check the document for degree of plagiarism with the help of appropriate software.
• After reviewing the document project coordinator should sign as reviewer if he/she finds the document satisfactory
• After the document is reviewed student should submit it for approval to the head of the department (HOD).
• HOD should check the document for degree of plagiarism with the help of appropriate software if he/she finds bit necessary.
• HOD should sign the project if he/she finds the document satisfactory and approve the same for final submission.